Culture of Aging Project Details
Goal: Create a proposal for a program to increase local seniors' use of technology as a pathway to access information and resources.
- Research and create a report on the state of existing tech resources for seniors
- Identify potential sources of funding, which could include partnerships with local businesses/non-profits.
- Develop and conduct a survey or other method to understand, from seniors’ perspective, what leads to the underutilization of technology.
- Develop a list of recommended programs that would a) address the problem(s) and b) appeal to and and be utilized by seniors.
Project: Video Storytelling
Goal: Increase exposure among multiple generations in Larimer County to personal experiences of aging through videotaped interviews with local seniors.
- Identify and recruit community partners with an interest in developing a video project
- Develop budget
- Define story parameters
- Create Assessment plan to measure outcome
- Recruit and train interviewers and interviewees
- Recruit videographers
- Address Logistics - venues, equipment, scheduling, editing
- Design a PR strategy
- Produce interviews and publish on YouTube
Project: Film Series
Goal: To reduce ageism by exploring images and biases of aging through the medium of commercial films.
- Identify and recruit community partners with an interest in developing a film project;
- Identify target audiences;
- Choose 3-5 commercial films;
- Secure venue(s)- ADA accessible and with hearing assistance;
- Develop advertising campaign;
- Develop a project budget;
- Identify resources needed;
- Recruit discussion facilitators;
- Develop a showing schedule;
- Design and test a demonstration project with 3-5 films
- Assess the outcome and publish recommendations for an ongoing program.
Project: Life Enrichment
Goal: Improve access to information about life-enrichment options
- Survey / scan of existing life-enrichment options
- Recruit interested stakeholders
- Gather interested parties for a stakeholder meeting
- Design/develop a plan to implement a life-enrichment options event and database
- Implement the event and database
- Survey at event and 90-day post event
Project: Older Worker Event
Goal: To organize a one- or half-day event that will bring together local businesses to discuss employment practices related to workers age 55+.
- Identify specific target audience
- Develop a PR plan to attract target audience
- Identify and connect with potential event sponsors
- Work with the Larimer County Workforce Center and CSU Center for Public Deliberation to develop an agenda and format
- Address event logistics - venue, time, food, registration, etc.
- Develop a budget
- Recruit volunteers to help with logistical details