Housing Priority Group Projects
To date the Housing Priority Group has completed a number of projects to begin to address senior housing issues in Larimer County. Several were implemented with the help of self-directed volunteer teams and several projects are still ongoing. By fall of 2017 additional projects will be started and new volunteer teams will be organized to help see them to completion. The following list provides a summary of projects the group has initiated.
- Commissioned Larimer County Housing Study : Countywide Senior Housing scan from the present to 2040. learn more...
- Formed a Self-Directed Volunteer Team to study innovative housing options for seniors. Learn more...
- Held a full day charette with planners, developers, architects and consumers to discuss how to expand age-friendly design in housing for Larimer County. Facilitated by the CSU Institute for the Built Environment.
- A SDVT worked to develop a Shared Housing program which ultimately launched a pilot in 2018 hosted by Neighbor to Neighbor which will eventually take over this program.
Projects in progress
- Working with the CSU Institute for the Built Environment to develop an life-long housng certification along the lines of LEED for new and renovated construction. SAPGA (Strategic Action Planning Group on Aging) has recommended to the Legislature that they support this effort.
- Establishing a local partnership with A Little Help, a Denver-based non-profit that helps neighborhoods coordinate and deliver essential services to allow seniors to successfully remain in their homes.
As part of our commitment to our county and to the National Network of Age-Friendly Communities, we have submitted our new Age-Friendly plan to AARP. We are now recruiting volunteer teams to help design and implement new projects from that plan. Those projects are described here.